Aug 31, 2020
Erin and Karamo reunite after almost a decade from when they
initially met as part of a mentorship program at The LGBT Center!
Get your tissues and your notebooks ready, this episode is full of
gems on life, career, and inspiration. We talk about his journey
from social work to becoming a TV host on OWN, to landing his big
break as the culture expert on Netflix's Queer Eye.
- Getting cast on Queer Eye and how he took being the culture
expert on the show and gave it a whole new spin on wellness and
development from the inside out. What it's like working with people
on the show, helping them transform, and what happens when people
aren't ready for change.
- Change. How to embrace it and what he's learned about
- Don't be afraid of a no!
- Giving yourself the permission to suck.
- How to handle rejection and use it for good and not
- Why cultural education is so important so we can all do
better when it comes to understanding race, sexuality and
- Why cancel culture is the past and counsel culture is the
- Being mixed race (he's Jamaican and Cuban) and embracing
both sides of your culture.
- How to set intentional boundaries based on what you can give
Follow Karamo at @Karamo.
Shout out to The Body Butters - all natural skincare since
I've been using their products, and loving them! Join their
mailing list for coupons and product announcements. www.thebodybutters.com
Support the podcast on Patreon for bonus episodes, photo sets, discount
codes, and exclusive posts!